Thursday, November 1, 2007

HALLOWEEN!!

Halloween was fun for our little family. Half the fun is just getting a few good laughs from watching Benson in a duck costume!! He is still pretty wobbly when he tries to walk fast, so he falls down a lot. In this puffy costume, that was hilarious!
Here are my two boys:

They have SO much fun together. On closer look, they both got hurt this week.Benson fell and scraped his nose against one of my kitchen bowls:

And poor Benjamin's crown cracked off!! (He knocked his two front teeth out in 7th grade playing hockey). Trying to look on the bright side of things, I thought it was pretty good for a Halloween costume because it makes him look kind of scary! He can't get in to see the dentist until Monday, too!

Anyway, here is Bens as a duck.




Of course we didn't take him trick or treating! Let's be honest, who would end up eating all the candy? Me, that's who. Benson doesn't care- he didn't even know what day it was! We went to a friend's house in the ward and we had pizza and watched an old favorite:
CLUE
Ben had never seen it before so I was excited to watch it again. Benson had a good handful worth of mini snickers and butterfingers. He had a great time. Here he is coming home an hour past his bedtime. He took the glow stick in his bath with him!

14 comments:

Amanda said...

thats SO adorable!!
benson makes such a cute duck.
and i remember the first time i saw Clue! i couldn't sleep for 2 days!

Linda said...

holy crap! I just wanna squeeze him! and see him waddle.

Jordana said...

Yay! I have been waiting all day for the Halloween picture of Benson. I sent your blog to a friend so she could see his costume last year - you always have the best ideas! Benson is the cutest Duck I have ever seen! Hope you are all doing well!

Samantha said...

Sarah! I found your blog through Melissa's and then Annie's blog (that sounds pretty stalkerish)and I just wanted to say you have such a cute little family and I'm so happy that you are doing so well. (and I love the movie clue and love the book you are reading.)
So good to see you.
Samantha (earl) miller
I'm at kylemillerfamily.blogspot.com

krisjane said...

That costume is adorable! He makes the cutest duck! :)

The Gainors said...

sarah- your little one is adorable. i had no idea you were in provo, i thought you moved to canada. we need to go split a salad at cafe rio.

Jodi said...

The reason we took Callie trick or treating was for the candy! Just kidding- we ended up handing all of Callie's candy out to other kids. Benson is the cutest duck. What a great outfit. I have never seen clue- we should rent it I guess!

jane said...

He is so cute! I can't wait till you guys are around here so Bens can realize that I am his favorite aunt :) Also, can't wait to spend some more time with you guys.

Danielle said...

Yes Benson is so sweet in his duck costume! What a pity Halloween has faded away in France now... Bisous

Kim Hawryluk said...

ha ha, he's so cute! :) You guys look so great! :)

US WEEKLY said...

how great it it that you are moving back!! woohoo. And you are expecting again, how fun, when are you due? and where abouts in the city are you moving to? It will be nice to see more of you!

Inger said...

Sarah, what a great write up about Halloween. I love the pictures. Benson is adorable as a little duck. It looks to me like he enjoyed himself very much. It looks like you found some very good clothes to wear under.!

Likely said...

A guck!!!! That is what max says for duck. So cute! And ben's tooth? HOT.

Glad you caught a pic of that. He could have been a hick or a boxer.

so fun.

The Gainors said...

i love clue! call me anytime lady- 319-7591- and how do we get laura to start blogging?