Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Our little trip!

We just got back from a quick trip to the East! Ben had his last two Dental School interviews with UPENN and Maryland. We flew into Philadelphia, took a cab to a cheap hotel in Jersey and Ben interviewed at UPENN the next morning. My parents picked up me and the beast and then we met up with Ben after his interview in the city. For lunch we found a little diner and had legit Philly cheese steak subs. Seriously delicious!!


Here is Benson and Ben after Ben's interview on PENN campus.
Here we are sitting with Benjamin Franklin... (and you notice Benson's finger in his mouth. He's getting molars and was not his normal beasty-self this weekend.)
Benson and a squirrel had a stare down and a chase down. Benson lost.
We drove back to Bel Air to stay at my parents house for the weekend. Benson loved wearing Aunt Amanda's boots!
Benson and Max played Connect Four for almost an hour straight! They were pretty intense for a while.
And when they filled up the whole board they were thrilled!
Another day we just enjoyed the beautiful autumn in Maryland. This is a little pond by my parent's house. Benson and Ben went to see the ducks (who all flew away the second they came).

The colors are so beautiful and this doesn't do it justice! I love the east coast with all of my heart!
Here is Dave with their new son, Oliver. Benson will miss playing with Max so much. I will, too! (And Tiffany said Max insisted on wearing that second shirt. I love it.)
Despite flying long distances with Benson, it was a great trip and was too short. I love being at home and it is always hard on me to leave. Ben and I have to decide where we will end up next year- University of Pennsylvania? University of Maryland?? Or University of North Carolina?? We've narrowed it down to three... we'll know soon! Any suggestions?

7 comments:

krisjane said...

Tough choices!!! Any one of them sounds great!! You guys are going to have fun adventures ahead!! Loved the pictures of your trip! It is so beautiful back East...and Benson look so old!! I can't believe how much they change in just a year!! :) When I held him at the mission reunion last year in October he was just a little baby...now he's playing connect four! :)

Danielle said...

Wonderful automn pics Sarah! And Benson is growing so fast! He's adorable and I loved the pic when he's wearing boots so huge for him! Bisous to all!

Inger said...

Sarah, I loved your write-up and the pictures. We sure loved having you here. It was fun and went too fast.

Linda said...

I LOVED this!!! I feel like I was there even though i wasn't. I vote UPENN or Maryland. Benson and Max need eachother. How awesome would that be?!?!! Looks like a great trip!

Likely said...

I hope Maryland made top three because we miss you guys already!

Great pics. I LOVE maryland in the fall too!

Those buys sure had a lot of fun together. It was fun to see them play, it made me think of all the years they will have in the future as special cousins.

Melissa said...

Looks like such a fun trip! Hope the interviews went well Ben!

Ok, I have to ask. Where did the "beast" nickname come from!

Hope you're feeling well, Sarah!

Jodi said...

I am seriously so jealous of your trip. I would die to go back to Maryland. We were in Jersey with a layover after our cruise. But, it is just not quite the same as MD. I am with you- East coast all the way.
P.S.- my vote is for Maryland.