Tuesday, October 5, 2010

BOSTON part deux

Continuing our vacay in Boston...
Paul Revere



So we had to take advantage of eating good lobster while being up north! :)


We spent a good amount of time at the Boston Commons. A public wading pool?? It was kind of weird, but cool with the city right there next to you.




A looooong time ago Ben was watching the Food Network and saw a show on the best sandwiches on the East Coast. He wrote down a name of a shop in Boston, Sam LaGrassa's Deli. We tried it and it was so so so sosososo SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSO DELICIOUS! I loved it. WE loved it. Here I am showing off my Reuben and Claire in the background spitting it out.


Benson and Claire huffing and puffing trying to keep up with Aunt Linda. She knew her way around that city like the back of her hand. In this picture we were moments away from getting to Mike's Pastry... some fancy shmancy pastry shop where we wanted to get some cannolis (totally overrated by the way). While Ben and I were oohing and awing over the display of delectable looking pastries, the FACE opened a freezer door and stuck her dirty little finger in one of their $50 cakes. Awesome.


Just a cool shot of the city in down town Boston.

And here we're eating breakfast at an AMAZING little place in Sommerville down the street from Linda's house.

It was at this restaurant where I heard these two women talking to some guys at another table and it sounded just like out of the movies. They asked like three times, "How's your mother?" but it was seriously sounded like, "how's ya motha?"
Boston accents are great.



What a fabulous time we had! We wish we could have stayed longer. We also went to the harbor and went aboard the USS Constitution but those pictures are on my Facebook profile IF you care enough to go look at them.
After Boston we got back in our car and commenced our long journey to Halifax Canada!!!

7 comments:

Linda said...

oh these pictures make me happy. That was SOSOSOSOSOSOSOOS fun!!! I miss you all tons. What a great adventure we had!!

Linda said...

oh, I also think it's awesome that Claire has joined the ranks of her mom and aunts in being singled out for random photos by strangers while traveling. I guess we are rare beauties!!

Tiff Rueckert said...

So much fun! I've been wondering when we'd get to see the rest of the trip! Hope you guys are good!

Lovely Lisa said...

Reuben is an acquired taste, I will admit. And oh... a $50 cake, really? She couldn't have gone for a cheaper one? :)

Glad you had fun! I am totally jealous. We need to visit Boston one of these days.

Callie said...

that looks like so much fun! I would love to see Boston and more of the East. I love that picture of Claire in her shirt and diaper in the wading pool. Haha. They are both so cute. That sandwich looks SO good. I love reubens with the sauerkraut on there. ANyways, thanks for posting these! I'm excited to see your pictures from Halifax!

Becca said...

Did you have to buy the cake or was the shop understanding and forgiving about it?

The Thomas Family said...

Becca--they were totally cool about it and even gave Benson and Claire some cookies!