Friday, January 8, 2010

CHRISTMAS!

We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! MERRY CHRISTMAS to you-- thought I'd throw it out there since we didn't do cards this year. THANK YOU for the many cards we received, I LOVE getting them!Next year we will start for sure... although I said that last year, I'm dead serious this year, though, as it is one of my New Year Resolutions!

Well, before I get into our Christmas pictures, here's Claire-face as the camel during the live nativity that our Ward had. So stinking cute!

OK-- we drove up to Maryland this year to spend Christmas with the Rueckerts. It was a small and quiet Christmas for us. There was our family and my sister Amanda, that's it. And Ben was preparing for Part I of the National Board Exams on Jan 2nd, so he was gone all day almost everyday studying at the library. Benson and Claire quickly became attached to Aunt Amanda.



We decorated the Christmas tree...


Benson LOVED decorating the tree. It was definitely bottom-heavy but it was OK. Have you ever seen so many ornaments? That's not even half of my parent's collection. And as you can see, they have never thrown any away.


After it was all done, Claire danced around the room to the music! She loves to dance. So does Benson for that matter.


Decorating sugar cookies with the sister missionaries...

The big snow fall of '09. It snowed over 2 feet in Maryland so the world shut down for 3 days! We had a lot of fun shoveling. My dad and Ben shoveled our whole driveway!




Claire loved the nativity. She would always, ALWAYS be caught staring at it and would say "Shhhh" that baby Jesus was sleeping.


Benson and Claire checking out the snow.






Christmas Day!






Claire got a baby doll set with a stroller, high chair and crib. She had fun for a while but then started getting jealous and wanted to sit in everything...






Benson's super cool razor scooter! He's really great at it.


Claire developed an impressive talent of pealing clementines this Christmas.





Benson DID get a helmet with his scooter but zipped around the kitchen often without it. He fell and got his first bloody head injury. Not bad though.


The end.
The kids loved it and were SUCH good receivers, saying, "Oh thank you Grandma and Grandpa!!" with every gift.
Thanks Mom and Dad, for a great Christmas!

We have nothing to show for New Years. Ben and I challenged Amanda and her friend Grace to a DDR tournament. We won.
(surprised??)
And then we went to bed before midnight. There's nothing like bringing in the New Year after a good night's rest! :)


8 comments:

Chance and Emily said...

I can't believe how CUTE Claire looks in these pics. Her hair is getting so long! Benson's scooter is rad, and it's about time he got some sort of head injury...it seems like it happens a little too often at our house. Well it looks like you guys had an AWESOME Christmas, BUT can i just say.....you guys are so LAME!!!!!.....going to bed before midnight on new year's eve....COME ON :)

Kathleen said...

Thanks so much for all the pictures! I loved looking at all of them! Benson and Claire gave you so many fun memories with all the adorable things they did. Looks like Claire was in awe over all the beautiful decorations. Can she get any prettier?! It doesn't seem possible, and yet she does in every post!

Amanda sure is growing up! She's gorgeous! I always think of her how she was in those pictures at her baptism that you showed me when I first met you, Sarah, and I can't believe how fast those 7 years have flown!

Forgive me for not knowing, but what's DDR? Hey, I went to bed before midnight, too. Actually, that's something I'd like to improve upon this year, going to bed before midnight. Funny thing is, since New Year's Eve, I think I've stayed up past midnight every night except once. Remember New Year's Eve at the MTC? Chips and salsa and Martinelli's from your family, the last of which we strategically chilled in the snow outside 3M? Good times, good times!

How did Ben feel about Part I of the National Board Exams? Hope it went really well! (Probably should have just emailed you with how long this turned out, sorry...)

Linda said...

This post brought tears to my eyes!!! It looks so freakin' perfect!! I love the snow and the presents and the nativity and your kids GLEAMING faces! oh how I miss childhood. so delightful Sarah!! please drive up this week!

Shannon Stoker said...

I am LOVING the Christmas post! Where do I even begin? Claire in the doll bed/stroller is classic. Benson's head wound is a little gruesome (poor kiddo), and all that snow looked AMAZING! I can't believe I haven't had time to hear about all this in person....maybe when YOU take ME to lunch at Panera we can catch up!

Crystal and Brad Barger said...

Glad you had a great Christmas. I can't believe all those ornaments on the tree! I have never seen anything like that before...I couldn't see the green! I LOVE IT so much! That cracked me up that Claire wanted to get in her doll toys. Silly girl! I love reading your blog, it makes me laugh...in a good way of course b/c you are funny!

Courtney said...

How fun...I can't believe how much Benson and Claire are growing up! It's happens so fast. Hope the exam went well Ben!

Liv said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. That's so funny about Claire climbing in her doll's stuff. Paia broke her last stroller that way. :) Sorry my son was such a knot head today. ugh. He said "sorry" after you left. What's a fit test btw?

Likely said...

so fun! except for the bloody forehead. poor benson! Loe the capes. Didn't you make two at my house that were the same? Did you end up getting another one? I love the pics of claire and her baby doll stuff. classic.

I heard about your fancy appetizer night. Sad we missed it! I haven't played the DDR yet, I am excited to though!