1. We planted everything WAY too close and they are all growing on top of each other and it's embarrassing.
2. Our zucchini plants are dying. Some yellow larvae worm thing got into them. :(
But we did get some good zucchinis before it was too late. HUGE ones!! Here are some with a squash and some beet greens. We have so much lettuce too, I am dying! I can have salads to my heart's content! (I HEART salads as many of you know)
We can't wait for our eggplants, jalapenos and peppers to come. It's just really exciting!! Something so little can truly be so satisfying.
Here's to me doing a better job next year!
7 comments:
I'm so jealous! I reallly wanted to do a garden this year, but things were crazy with the move and our yard is just a mud pit. Oh well. You'll have to pass along your knowledge for next year!
Oh i've never done a garden but i want to so bad. now that I'm in California I'm going to try it. You've inspired me!
Sarah, those vegetables look beautiful and delicious!! That is so great that you grew them in your own garden! Congratulations!!
There is nothing wrong with your plants growing all over each other! Just call it square foot gardening. I am so proud of you!
Nice work with the zuchini! Last year we went all out with our garden, planting tons of things, and the deer/rabbits ate everything, despite our supposedly rabbit-proof fences and other tactics. Oh well. Enjoy your produce!
I think that is just great! It is so rewarding I am sure. We have a tomato plant, basil, oregano and 1 zucchini plant...not much b/c we can't really plant so all in buckets. I grew up with a huge garden and love eating fresh food. We would can and freeze tons and have 'fresh food' year round. I remember going to college and having my first experience with canned veggies...ugghhh...
I love that you planted a garden. I can't wait to have one of my own.
Sarah, I'm so proud of you...and jealous. I've never done a garden on my own. The timing never works out. Your veggies look great!
Post a Comment