Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter and some randoms...

EASTER SUNDAY

Claire's beautiful dress from Ben's mom



Sunday morning
All ready for church

Now this is the best I was able to get of both kids. Benson was throwing a FIT because I wouldn't let him wear just the vest... no shirt underneath. I mean, geez, of course we thought it looked hilarious and dared ourselves to let him but we could never be that ghetto. So we settled on not tucking his shirt in.



After church...at 5:00 pm. I hate it when this happens but whatever.




Here are some hilarious pictures of Benson mowing the lawn with Ben. He put those work goggles on himself... so funny.



12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Super cute. All of you!

Kim said...

Such cute kiddos! That is hilarious about the vest.

krisjane said...

I love Claire's dress!! She's so cute! And I love Benson's goggles! Too funny! I can't believe you guys don't get done with church until 5pm...that would make for a long day!! The pic of them asleep is so adorable...although I totally understand why you wouldn't want them taking naps at 5pm! :)

Tiff Rueckert said...

I loved this post! I could hear your voice in my head when you were saying "geez" I love that he wanted to wear the vest with no shirt underneath and I can just imagine you and Ben talking about it! Love you guys!

Shannon Stoker said...

I think you should have let Benson wear just the vest. Would have made my day. Nathan also insists on goggles when he "helps" Brig mow the lawn. Love it!

Erin said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting...agh! When did we get old? Well, old-ER.

Julie said...

How cute!!

Likely said...

so funny about the vest -- I could hear that converstaion going on as well... and I am loving the goggle outfit. Great pictures.

They look so darling.

and I KNOW what you mean about them falling asleep in the car -- the worst. Especially if you don't have your husband with you.

Amanda Goldsmith said...

Oh so cute! I wish you would have let Benson wear his sweater without the shirt. That would have made my easter. Claire looks so pretty in that little dress. Love the lawn mower pictures. I bet Benson was in heaven.

Amanda Goldsmith said...

Oh yeah... picture of the kids asleep in the car after church! So familiar and I HATE IT TO!!!

Kathleen said...

Like Tiff and Tiffany, I could just hear your voice narrating those captions! Love the way you write as if you were talking to all of us directly. It makes us feel close to you and miss you all at the same time!! Claire is so beautiful! I love her in that pretty Easter dress from Ben's mom. I love the mother/daughter Sunday photo before getting ready for church and after you're all dolled up. Sarah, you look so pretty in grey and in pearls! And Benson looks so handsome in his Sunday getup. Oh, if only you had been that ghetto...we all would have loved it! But you're also probably trying to teach Bens that he can't always have things his way, so we understand ;) 2pm - 5pm? Are you serious?! What kind of schedule is that? Not good for kids! Guess it's only once a week though. It's so cute how Benson and Claire both fell asleep with their heads tilted to their right. And Benson mowing the lawn with Ben is just wonderful, and with the orange goggles to boot! Makes me think of Pres. Nadauld's parenting advice he gave (at the end of the mission? at a zone conference?). He emphasized the importance of teaching your kids to work, not by demanding that they do certain chores on their own, but by working alongside WITH them. He specifically mentioned how he taught their sons to mow the lawn! Good work Ben and Benson!!

Crystal and Brad Barger said...

Benson is so funny! That is great! I especially love the goggles. He actually looks like one of my nephews in those shots.