Thursday, April 23, 2009

Claire the monster

Claire turned ONE and all of a sudden she is a nightmare. I'm NOT kidding. Something seriously happened. She went from being a challenging baby to being a whiney, tantrum throwing monster...all in a week.
Did this happen to anyone else? Do girls and the age of 1 have any significance to anyone??

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Hmmm, I did noticed tantrums and sassyness all of a sudden at age 1, but thats nothing compared to 2 1/2!! In my experience, girls are just drama! But cute drama, of course!

Kim said...

Great ... Ava is 1 yr in 2 months! AHHH! I like the description of "cute drama." Very appropriate. Good luck with Claire. I am sure you will figure her out soon and then it will just be a matter of keeping one step ahead of her probably.

Melodie said...

It's the "terrible 2" before 2! Bienvenue au club!! Julia rale et fait des caprices depuis ses 1 ans... et elle ne fait plus de sieste!!! Bon courage!!

Kathleen said...

Oh, no!! I'm so sorry, Sarah! I have to admit that this news also scares me, like Kim. Remember your posts back in January about Claire waking up too early? Yeah, that's been us for a couple weeks now! And daytime naps are a huge struggle now. So I wonder if Symphany's overall demeanor will change seemingly overnight this summer...hope not, but I have my doubts. Wish I had words of wisdom to offer you!

Alexis said...

Weird because it's totally the same thing with Livy! Since the year mark - she has become so naughty and throws tantrums all of the time now! And it's not like she understands time out - so what am I suppose to do!!! Totally in the same boat here. I feel for ya.

Jodi said...

I didn't have it at one. But I have noticed tough weeks with Callie. Then all of the sudden "it" is over and she is back to normal. I hope that helps!

MaryClaire Brown said...

Oh, that sounds so familiar. My mom was noting the other day how it's hard to believe that Natatlie was the unbelievably easy going and mellow baby that she was because that is NOT her personality now. She's hilarious and so much fun, but she's so feisty too. So yes, it's normal, and hang in there and enjoy there and enjoy the ride.

Courtney said...

We call Leah "sassy Sissy"

Tiff Rueckert said...

I can relate...oh can I relate! but I think it is more of a 2nd child thing because Brielle was good at 1...like the angel she has always been...Dean however is a nightmare and unfortunately it is only getting worse...good luck!

natalie palmer said...

scott turned 11 months today. i was just thinking the other day how much better he has been lately. i'll enjoy it while it lasts! ah!

Sara said...

Over the past few weeks I've learned that every child is different. Isla is already a bit feisty compared to the boys. However the boys grew into rough-housing hooligans. Nothing seems to work on Bliss (funny how his name is Bliss, huh?) If I get on to Zade it usually hurts his feelings, but lately I fear some of his brother has been rubbing off on him.
Good luck and let me know what conclusion you come to. I may have to use it one day.