Other than wedding things we hung out with Grandma and Grandpa and had an early Christmas!
And lastly... we discovered our next challenge with Benson. He discovered how to open doors and won't stay in bed (This is a real picture that Ben took when Benson was coming down over and over). Any tips??? PLEASE!
11 comments:
Hey Love the pictures.
As for Benson getting out of bed, try locking him in there. I now it sounds mean, but it works. Bliss will knock on the door, but soon just go back to bed...same with Zade. Unfortunately, Bliss has figured out how to unlock the doors here. You could also change the door knob so you can lock it from the outside. Okay, this sounds mean, but it's not.
Your hair looks beautiful in the wedding pictures! Lucy crawls out of her crib too, time for a toddler bed. Fortunatly she hasn't learned to open the doors at my house, just my mom's :(
a friend told me that she switched the doorknobs around so she could lock from the outside. ouch! That would work :) I've never done it, just practiced my patience as I put him to bed for the 17th time. Call me if you want to talk about it more. :)
oh, and GORGEOUS wedding! Kate is beautiful. Such a fun Christmas time too. I love spreading out the holidays for as long as possible. how fun!
Kate is a gorgeous bride!! And I love your dress! So cute! I haven't reached that point with Max and the bed and doors, but my now 17 year old brother did the same thing when he was younger and so my parents put a little lock on the outside of his door. It didn't take long for him to learn that bed time meant staying in bed and not leaving the room. For a few weeks though he would lay by the door, sticking his fingers out from under it, crying, "Let me out," in a pathetically sad voice. We joke about it now and he has no bad or traumatic memories from it! :) So it's a good option. But you have to do what works for you! Good luck...I'm dreading the day Max learns to climb out!!
If it makes you feel any better Dean can already open all the doors at my house & my parents because he is so dang tall and we have lever handles! We have to keep our garage door locked all the time because he tries to escape out there...it is his favorite place in the world! good luck!
We found waht we felt was a kinder approach and used the kidproof door knobs. If you put those on their door, then they can't open the door. We had to put it on Ehtan's door a couple times for him to learn but now just the threat of it makes him stay in bed. Good luck- whatever you decide.
Congratulations to Kate! She and her husband look fabulous together. They also look really happy. I'm so glad you were able to be there. I wish I had some advice about Benson's Houdini tricks, but Symphany hasn't even started sitting up in her crib yet. That's pretty funny though that Ben caught him in the act on camera!
We lock Brooklyn in her room. We have since she went into her big girl bed, If the door is open, she'll come out still. It was so fun to see you! I miss you already!
congrats to katie! and that is a HUGE dog in that picture! i thought it was a buffalo for a second. but maybe that's just because i'm so used to little fifi :). remember fifi? so sad.
anyway, you look great sar! i hope that we can reunite someday.
xoxox
Lock him in. Every night Alex says "you can't shut the door", so we don't but she sneeks out and plays in the bathroom. When we come up, she runs into her room and shuts the door. She knows she's guilty! Good luck with that. Kate looks gorgeous, I bet it was fun being there with Callie home too! You look great, as always!
Post a Comment