Tuesday, October 7, 2008

SALAD WEEK- day 7


Potato Salad

Recipe from my momma (not original) but I've had many a person say it is the best potato salad they have ever had!!


*6 medium potatoes

*2 stalks celery, thinly sliced

*1 medium green pepper. chopped

*1/3 C onion, chopped

*1 1/4 C mayo

*6 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped

*1 T vinegar

*2 t mustard (be generous)

*1 t salt

*1/2 t pepper


*Peel and quarter potatoes. Boil 20-25 minutes. Cube smaller once cooled.

*In very large bowl: combine all except potatoes and eggs.

*Stir in potatoes and eggs at the end. Toss lightly.

*Cover and chill 6-24 hours.


Not into creamy potato salad???


Another good one (no mayo)

*21/2 pounds red potatoes

*1 T grated lemon zest

*1/2 C diced red onion


2 T white wine vinegar

*1 T chopped fresh thyme

*1/4 t pepper

*1 T Dijon mustard

*1 t salt


*1/3 C olive oil


*Boil potatoes and cube.

*Combine potatoes with onion and lemon zest.

*In separate bowl: whisk together next five ingredients. Add oil. Pour mixture over potatoes and toss.

*Refrigerate for 30 minutes at least!
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED IN SALAD LOVERS WEEK... I wouldn't call it a complete failure, but it was still fun.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Forgive me! I plan to make it up to you. I have not had a computer for the past week with the construction going on. This week I am having a baby and am a little preoccupied. But I will get to it! I promise to post some amazing salad recipes asap!

Linda said...

I love you and I love your salads!! I hate not having my laptop working. If it had been you bet there would have been salad posts galore!!

Likely said...

Just so you know, I have linked my recipes on my sidebar if you are wondering where they went.