Monday, October 6, 2008

SALAD WEEK- day 5


RUECKERT TACO SALAD

I grew up eating Taco salad every Monday night without fail. It's my favorite and I never get sick of it... never.


*ground beef

*packet taco seasoning

*frozen corn

*kidney beans (my parents always did pinto but I prefer kidney)

*iceberg/romaine lettuce (the mix is good)

*green peppers, chopped small

*black olives, chopped small

*tomatoes, chopped small

*cheddar cheese, shredded

*finely chopped onion

*tortilla chips

*sour cream, salsa, guacamole


Brown meat and add seasoning according to packet instructions. Add desired amount of corn and beans. Leave on stove on low.

In large bowl:

-Cut lettuce very fine

-all chopped veggies

-My parents added the shredded cheese into the salad but these days they are putting it on the side. I like it mixed in.

Create your masterpiece:

-Meat mixture on the bottom of your plate (I recently saw a picture on my sister, Elise's, blog of her and my brother Chris with taco salads... they had the meat on top of the salad--quite the scandal if you ask me!)

-Salad on the meat mixture

-Top with onion, salsa, sour cream, etc...

-eat it one chip dipped at a time.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

You crack me up...and I remember Tiff learning how to make this when they first got married. I have to say, she might deviate a bit {scandalous, I know}. This totally reminds me of your family...I don't think we ever once had this growing up. Funny how different families can be.

Inger said...

Sarah, I love it! What an awesome recipe!