Monday, October 27, 2008

NC State Fair

Ready to go!




Benson rode on his first rides ever and was playing 'TOO COOL' everytime I tried to take a picture. He acted all nonchalant...like he goes on rides everyday.




Benson was SO nice and gentle to all the animals!




He probably gave Read-a-Roo 10 hugs.


Claire was such a perfect lilla girl- she stayed like this from start to end!




Benson was SO SAD to leave! That plus he let his balloon go by accident. It was quite dramatic watching him run after it screaming and then throw himself on the ground, face down, bawling. Here he is after the incident:

Fun stuff. We'll go again next year.

9 comments:

Sara said...

Looks like fun. Bliss was the same when we went to Ocean park in Hong Kong...wanted to do everything and hated to leave.

Jennifer said...

I love the pictures. I can't believe what a big boy Benson is!!

Kim said...

Oh that is so sad about Benson's balloon!! Poor little guy! You look great! What a cute little family!

Linda said...

PLEASE TELL ME YOU WENT AND GOT HIM ANOTHER BALLOON ASAP!!! Jeez,I'm crying just thinking about it!!!

How fun! It looks like quite the adventure!!! and Claire's a cutie!

Inger said...

Your pictures are wonderful. I can capture such a fun time. You all look wonderful. Claire is SO cute! Benson looks like he had fun . I felt sad also, when I see Benson's little face after he lost his balloon. It reminds me of one of my favorite children's books: (Elementary School age): Juni B. Jones and the Yucky Blucky Fruitcake. I laughed and cried.

Linda said...

mom, you never read any junie b jones books as a child. you're not fooling any of us.

Jodi said...

Love the "too cool for school" expressions! That broke my heart about the balloon. On Easter we waited for a half and hour for a balloon animal and it popped about twenty minutes later- equally as traumatic, we can relate!

Tiff Rueckert said...

I'm so glad you guys are doing so well! I wish I could see little Clair now that she is gettin so big! I'm sad for Benson and his baloon, we've had many of these traumatic experiences! FYI I still only let Brielle use the washable crayons and colorwonder markers that only work on certain paper! It keeps the walls nice and clean!

Inger said...

You are right, Linda. I never read this book as a child, but I read the book with Amanda. It was so funny that I had dad read it with her one Friday evening. He laughed out loud as well. It is written so well. And I could relate to myself as a child. I think I had the same mentality as Junie B. Jones the way the author portray her in that book. You all "should" read it just for a relaxing and funny entertainment.