Sunday, December 9, 2007

Benson and how to survive???

We are moving out of Provo in about a week. Good times, it will be missed but definitely time to move on! Our condo is a wreck, things are stressful, but it will all be over soon. Here are some recent pictures of little Benson. He is quite the beast these days, quite the beast. He looks nice in these pictures but he has started to scream and really test us! All part of the game, right? So, here he is:

Enjoying a nice big plate of taco salad... he is his mother's son! :)

He can put the charger in my cell, pretty good, huh?

Hanging out with Daddy on our bed (that moves up and down with a remote!) Thanks Marjorie!

Helping me pack!

So, what do I do with this one on a 10 hour drive???


Fun with packing boxes! Notice his one boot... he only likes to have one on around the house.

After a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (I'll have to go easy on the jelly next time)

Playing in the cultural hall at church


He's a busy one. Again, I am nervous about this drive to Calgary. Any tips to make it easier would be GREATLY appreciated!

11 comments:

Danielle said...

What nice pics of cute little Benson!
Don't forget to give me your new address please Sarah! Bisous

krisjane said...

Max did great on our 12 hour drive to Utah ONLY because I bought a cheap- $75 portable DVD player that you can strap to a head rest and he watched tons on Disney Playhouse DVD's. I don't know if Benson likes TV, but this worked like a charm for us!! :)

Jodi said...

I would agree with the above comment. The only way we survive long trips in the car is with a DVD player. I keep it stocked with her favorite movies. I don't feel guilty because she can either stare at the screen contently or scream and whine. I'll take the staring. Callie is a huge Barney and Shrek fan- maybe try those? Best of luck!

Tiff Rueckert said...

You took the words right out of my mouth Tiffany! Elmo worked like a charm for us when Brielle was 1 and we would drive from California to Utah 3 or 4 times a year! Chris and I were going crazy from 'da da ta da, da da ta da, elmo's world'...but atleast she was happy!

Kim Hawryluk said...

The new look is great! I like it. :) I didn't realize you guys were coming up to Canada for so long - that's exciting! Maybe we'll bump into each other every now and then! :)

See you soon!

Kirkland's said...

One word: Benadryl! Although, be warned it does make some kids hyper instead of knocking them out! I mean, I'm not saying drug the sweet child to start off, but JUST IN CASE. We gave some to Alex when she was sick with allergies and it worked like a charm! We will miss you!!!

Likely said...

DVD player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and treats. of course.

and get out and take an ice cream break or take a walk every couple hours.

Linda said...

sedate him

Linda said...

i'm kidding

Kari said...

Loved all the pictures of Benson. What a handsome kid!! Congrats on little boy 2!! What great friends he and Benson will be.

Melissa said...

Fly...let Ben figure out the 10 hour drive! Just kidding, that would be really hard on him! When we moved to WA and had a 13 hour drive Mike's dad came to make the drive with him while us girls flew! I think we're spoiled though! I agree with tiff, new toys, someone in the backseat with him, maddie is fascinated with those peg boards with holes that you put golf tees in (like at Cracker Barrel) you might try one of those!