Hey -- my tool bar decided to show up today! So, here are the RANDOM set of pictures I've been meaning to post. And random they are!
We went to Myrtle Beach for a weekend. Ben had a Dental Conference so we all went.
The Beast was SO awesome in the water! He wasn't scared of anything! We got him a little boogie board and he learned to ride the waves in.
The Face didn't like the water for some reason and wouldn't even touch it. Here she is basking in the sunset.
One night at dinner Claire wanted to take some pictures so I gave her some good poses:
CUTE pictures of the Beast and the Face
The accident...
It was a sad, sad day. :( The damage doesn't even look that bad, but it was totaled. We're excited, though, that we found another one that has a third row seat!! Hopefully we'll be able to get it. I was ready for the mini van but I'd love for my kids to sit in the back seat and look awkwardly at the people in the car behind us--just like I did growing up in a Volvo.
Moving on...
I had to add the scary picture of Claire after putting makeup on her doll. I need to put a lock on my make-up drawer.
I had to add the scary picture of Claire after putting makeup on her doll. I need to put a lock on my make-up drawer.
And an update on the Beast.
Grandma Thomas gave Benson these magnetic link toys and I put them away for a bit because they were for older kids but the other day I took them out and he did so great and made all of these shapes totally on his own. I was impressed because it took me longer to try and figure out how to make a cube!
Finally...
What do you think of this belly button? I know it's a nice belly... but we're thinking about getting surgery because of his hernia. Do you think this belly button is one to be self-conscious over??
9 comments:
I am dying to go to Myrtle Beach. Looks like you had fun!
I'm so sorry about your car. Glad you and Shallyse were OK, though. I'll never forget when we wrecked my high school car, a 1988 Ford Festiva AKA the "Blueberry Muffin." I sat on the bumper right there at the scene and cried. Everyone kept asking me if I was OK and all I could say was "My car! My caaaaaar!" LOL.
My mama met a guy with no bellybutton once when she was a kid. It left enough of an impression that she still talks about it with a certain amount of awe. It never occurred to me — until now — that surgery might have been the reason he didn't have one. I guess the good thing about a bellybutton is people wouldn't see it unless he let them.
Oh my freaking goodness........Benson and Claire are SO STINKIN' CUTE!!!!!
So I'm thinking....we don't get to go back to the beach until August! BOO. We should all plan a little day-cation to Wilmington one weekend!
As far as the belly button thing goes: it just looks like a little "outie" to me. It's actually kinda cute, but if you think he'll be self concious about later, than maybe you should just "fix" it. Come to think of it, I don't know that I've ever seen anybody with an "outie". I mean I'm sure I have, but I just can't recall anyone in particular. WEIRD. Anyway, I think he'll be fine either way :)
Cute, Cute, cute kids!
My brother has the same thing with his belly button and he couldn't care less about how it looks! You know how guys are...
It may be because I've seen one like Benson's before but I didn't even notice it before reading your comment!
Gotta love the beach! Looks like you had a great time.
Bummer, about your car.
1. claire seems like she's ready to audition for an MTV reality show--basking in the sun, hot tubs,stealing make up, etc.
2. Benson's good at everything he does, we should start calling him the money maker.
3.my stomach hurts looking at your car. I'm so glad it wasn't any worse. and congrats on the new car!
4. i think we need a profile picture of the outie. but I agree with others before, guys don't get self conscious about stuff like that. (I should say,guys who are good at everything like benson is, don't) but I still want a profile picture.
xo
and 5. claire's bathing suit is awesome!
Fun weekend trip! I miss the beach. What happened to the car?! Everyone is/was ok I hope?
I'm so excited for Brielle & Claire to hang out for a bit in August...Brielle love's little girls and she often asks me how big Claire is now.
Your car...ohhh gosh, I'm sorry. My volvo has an optional 3rd row (although I rarely use it because it is really only meant for small people...which we are not, so it is a bit squishy for adults but it does come in handy. My kids love it...even though it does not face backwards)!
It's funny to me that everyone's comments suggest that guys don't care about stuff like their belly buttons because I totally disagree. I think that most guys atleast care about how their bodies look, even if they say they don't. Then there are guys like Chris who I'm sure would be bugged by something like a herniated belly button. I've definitely seen worse, but I don't know I might go for it. Call me vain!
Benson's belly button looks fine to me. I agree with Linda that we would need to see it sideways. Also, I probably am an old-fashioned European.
Post a Comment