Monday, May 17, 2010

ORLANDO TRIP!!

We went to Florida with Ben's parents last week. We stayed at a great resort and had an absolutely fabulous time. The kids loved every second and EVERYTHING was so fun.



Here are Benson and Claire at the beginning of the week with their new balls for the trip.



Ready to hit the pool!






The Beast LOVED riding on Grandpa's back! He was showing a little crack the whole time! It was so cute... you can also see that he got a great start to his tan for the summer.







These are weird pictures but I wanted to show that Claire LOVES wearing jewelery these days! She'll keep a bracelet on all day! Benson and Claire are waiting patiently, in these pictures, for Grandma to serve up dessert.


Grandma really spoiled the kids and gave them so many little toys and great new clothes. She gave Claire a set of the Disney princesses that Benson took a good liking to... he loved changing their clothes and putting on the tiny shoes, etc.


One night we went out to Bonefish Grill. We ate outside and the weather was SO beautiful!


Claire chowing down on calamari... she popped those huge octopus type ones in her mouth. I was impressed, I can barely eat those ones.


Bens was occupied the whole dinner decorating his cup-- which was nice.



In the evenings we went out and played. Claire LOVED the hammocks and Benson loved playing with all the fun toys that Grandma brought!



Here we are trying to take a picture... the kids were being STINKERS, though, if you can't tell by their grins.



More hammock time... more pool time...


Claire learned to jump in all by herself!! She's so brave, trying to follow Benson's example!




One night Ben and I went out on a date and the kids had a game and movie night with Grandma and Grandpa!


We went out to sushi (which the kids LOVED).
Just a great picture of the Face with G'ma nd G'pa!









DISNEY WORLD! We went to the Magic Kingdom for one day and it was awesome. I was more excited then the kids (my first time).

Waiting for the shuttle to pick us up from the parking lot.


I love this picture of Benson (even though his eyes are shut) because he is GENUINELY SO excited!





Claire did this while waiting for EVERY ride!




Watching the show...












It was really hot...

We thought this was so sweet!!!

Excited to see Mickey and Minnie?? Well, we thought they were until it was our turn. They FREAKED out. Both of them. It was weird. Good memory though!







Dancing while waiting for the Monster's, Inc show!

Finally couldn't keep her eyes open any longer around 8:30pm. Yes, she wore her sunglasses even when it was dark.

FIREWORKS!!





Boat ride back to take the shuttle back to our car. Two TUCKERED OUT KIDS!!!!





We visited GATORLAND -- which was very interesting.



Bens and Claire LOVED having the birds land on them--but only if Daddy's hand was there too.


I had never heard of a white alligator...


After a few days Benson finally gave in to his exhaustion!

It was an AMAZING family vacation!!









15 comments:

Shannon Stoker said...

That looks so amazing! I love that Bens let Clairey ride in the stroller on his lap. So cute. That pool looks especially fab, too. Jealous. So Jealous.

Callie said...

Sarah! I LOVED looking at all of these pictures. They are all so cute. It looks like you had such a great time. I would love to go somewhere where I could lay by the pool and be outside. It's been rainy a lot here. Anyways, you all look great. Claire is getting so big! so is Benson. They are so cute together and play so nice. Claire's little sunglasses are so cute. Can't wait to see you at Christmas!

Becca said...

They have an albino alligator at the Fort Fisher Aquarium near Carolina Beach...just in case you ever want to see another one. :)

Looks like tons of fun!

Kim said...

Wow, what a great trip! Looks like everyone had a blast. Claire and Benson are too cute! I wish we could see each other too!! Someday.

Sarah said...

What a FUN trip!! Devin and I are planning a trip to Orlando...in a few years : )
I can't believe gatorland is still there! My dad took me there when I was FIVE! It looked just like I remembered haha!
Love the sunglasses, too.

Kathryn Palmer said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had a blast. You did so many fun things in Florida.

Inger said...

Wow! This looks like such a wonderful time! What great pictures! You have a couple a great pictures there for a Christmas card! I loved looking at the pictures and reading your comments under each. What a great and fun memory for the children to look at these pictures ten years from now! Cute picture of Claire sitting on Benson's lap in the stroller!

Linda said...

holy crap! I loved every single one of those pictures!! I laughed, I cried, I cheered...

man! how fun!

Inger said...

Linda, that is funny. I did too.

Linda said...

by the way, I don't think it's weird for your children to get scared of giant mouse people. that's normal. they are freaky.

Amanda Goldsmith said...

That looked like such a blast! I LUV LUV LUV that Claire was wearing the Cherry Swimsuit! That was my absolutly favorite suit Samantha ever had. FYI.... You are a VERY photogenic family!!!!

Lovely Lisa said...

These are all such great pictures, Sarah! It looks like a fantastic vacation. I think I can relate to the kids' fear of the mouses. As much as I love Wool E. Bull, I found myself very intimidated by his size when I finally met him in real life... haha!

Courtney said...

How fun! Oh we miss you guys already. We NEED to try to get together this fall with our kids. I think they'd really get along:)

Unknown said...

holy cow!!!! so fun :-)

Becky said...

Okay, I love all your shirts...in all the pictures, every shirt. And your hair is so long and blond and pretty! Great pics and way fun times!