TRIP TO WASHINGTON DC! Ben had never done the touristy things in DC so we met up with some long, lost zoobie friends and had a GREAT time!!
Our first stop was Mount Vernon. I really loved it here.
Our first stop was Mount Vernon. I really loved it here.
Trip is out of order but here are:
Washington Monument
Washington Monument
We tried this FANTASTIC Himalayan Restaurant. They served Indian and Nepalese food. It was absolutely delicious!
Ben and our friends, Jeff and Courtney, in line at the National Archives to see the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights.
This place bugged me too. I WASN'T leaning on the glass and the guard told me to get off the glass. OK, no big deal, I understand that's his job. Then on the other side I am pointing, NOT TOUCHING THE GLASS because I can READ the signs that are everywhere, and the guard yells at me. It was so annoying!!! After the duck thing I was just touchy, I guess.
Then we went to Ford's Theater where we saw Little Shop of Horrors. It was REALLY cool being in the Theater where Lincoln was shot, sort of an eerie feel.
Our last evening, we tried out a Asian place that was the worst sushi we've ever had in our lives. I add the picture so you will know never to go there AND just wanted to show you the site where we got our token $100 parking ticket in DC. We're contesting it, the signs were certainly not clear.
It was so fun... but if you know DC, it is a lot of walking and you end up being more tired afterward. Here's Ben driving home:
And Claire and Benson were just CLOWNING AROUND with Grandma and Grandpa for three days. And again, no, Benson wouldn't let me take his picture.
This is THE wig that Linda and I both used to be Annie one year for Halloween. clown wig for an Annie costume?
Yup!
This is THE wig that Linda and I both used to be Annie one year for Halloween. clown wig for an Annie costume?
Yup!
9 comments:
I am so glad to finally see pictures!! You two look great, DC and all the sites are so beautiful, I can imagine that food was amazing, AND, those ducks are SOOO cute! I would have tried to pick one up, only to be yelled at I'm sure. I love ducks so much though. I'm glad you had such a great trip and got to see J&C.
So fun! Glad you were able to get away for a few day - it makes such a big difference! Your stories crack me up - I can see you getting irritated - you should have said something back. What is the big deal with the ducks? Better question - why did that one duck have 20 babies, weird??? I love Mount Vernon and glad you could go - looks like it wasn't too crowded either. I so need to do a few things you mentioned on your trip next time I go.
Yeah, your DC write up just makes me tired, I feel like I got yelled at and had to walk around everywhere. I love it though!
So every time I see the Lincoln Memorial I think of Planet of the Apes and it unnerves me :) Looks like you had a fun time though. Those ducklings were soooooooooo cute!!!!
your hair is getting so long! annie was ready to use the potty way before i was ready for her to do it, too...those second children, esp when they're girls, man!
what a fun trip!! : )
It looks like you guys had so much fun. I love D.C and I need to take Mike. He has never been! Hope to see you guys soon!
Sarah, I enjoyed your sharing about the DC trip! It certainly takes an effort to make memories! You don't get a good memory for free either. I am glad Ben finally got to see some of the nation's capital. Claire looks absolutely adorable in the wig and the huge smile. Good luck contesting that ticket. I am sure it is worth the effort with the signs so unclear and confusing.
JEALOUS.....we are coming with you next time :)
It was a GREAT trip:) Thanks for taking it with us!!
Post a Comment