Friday, December 4, 2009

OK, OK, OK

I've been in a blog rut lately, but I'm getting out of it. I have to because the Holidays are here and my kids are stinking fantastic!!

Thanksgiving was great! We went to Maryland and stuffed ourselves with the Rueckerts. Food and company was fabulous.



T Dogg introduced me to a new salad that I'm still dying over.
She wanted to call it
Sunshine Salad but I want to call it Orange You Happy You're Eating This Salad Salad. I know you all want it:

Dressing:
1/2 C EVOO
2T vinegar
2T frozen OJ or fresh orange juice
2T lemon juice
1/4 C sugar
1 t salt
dash of pepper
Mix and chill

Salad:
Mixture of romaine and spinach
apple pieces that have been sitting in the fridge with lemon juice on them
oranges sectioned and halved
honeyed pecans
(heat up honey in a pan for a while and then stir the pecans around being very careful they don't burn, put out on paper towl until dry and hard)
and blue cheese crumbs

It's delicious. You'll love it.


SO the best part about coming to Grandma and Grandpa's house is playing with Oliver and MAX!!



They became shirtless ninjas somehow with the nicknames of Wolf, Buzz and Rambo (or Rainbow depending on who's talking) thanks to Aunt Linda







Jumping off the couch...



Random pictures of the week:




Claire Face sneaking on the piano behind Grandpa's back...



Everyone was dancing while Dave and I played a duet on the piano. This was really fun and the kids were all laughing and were SOOO happy!




Claire and Aunt Linda top
Amanda, me and Linda with our Dad.


The Beast is also becoming quite the photographer:


So we are good! Ben has had a crazy semester and will still need to study through Christmas break as he is taking the first part of the Dental Board Exams on January 2nd (BLAAAH).

Benson started preschool and really likes it. He is a champ at doing puzzles, pretending and eating vegetables.
Claire face is still a fuss face and has starting saying a few words. She is super sweet, opens the fridge all.the.time, loves sticking her fingers up our noses and loves to do anything to get Benson's attention.

Here in NC it has been getting cooler. We love raking the leaves and jumping in it!



Claire fussing... as usual.

And lastly .... a little video of Ben playing with the kids. Claire LOVES being thrown around but Benson doesn't.

11 comments:

Kathleen said...

So dang cute that Claire loves that! I loved her "Again, again, again!" She said it so clearly that I understood immediately. But I also love your "Geez!" at the end of the video, classic Sarah reaction that I cherish. Sarah, I think anyone would love going home to a family like yours for the holidays. Looks like nothing but sheer joy.

Julie said...

Glad to see you had a good Thanksgiving! Looks like fun!

A Wrinkle in Time said...

Ah!! Reading this and seeing your pictures totally makes me miss you! I can't believe how long your hair is!! (yeah, just when i cut mine all off too!) Anyway, give me one of those surprise calls again...that was awesome!!!

Kim said...

It is so fun to see your family in action! Miss you!!!

Inger said...

Sarah, it was so fun to have you here. Come back again!

Likely said...

Oh, Sarah, those pictures are great. The ninja pics were the best. Those names were hilarious. I will never forget the morning after when MAx said, "He's not Oliver, he's RAINBOW!"

And I am happy you posted that recipe because I don't have a copy of it and I wrote it down from my memory that day.

I have a video of that human carousel, but I am worried it didn't load properly on my computer... I will check again. It is funny.

Likely said...

ps -- we love you guys and can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!

Courtney said...

That's hilarious! Looks like you guys had a great time in Maryland! Miss you!

Kate said...

There are so many things I want to say about all these pictures, but I'll be short. Your family is awesome and I love that the boys are best friends. Amanda is so tall and you all look great (you are as beautiful as ever). Bensy is starting to look more like your family with the Rueckert jaw, and I wish I could tell what Bens is saying in the video. His voice is so cute. I've been waiting for an update for a while!

Linda said...

you forgot to mention that Claire's nickname was Flower...that's right, the skunk from Bambi. (read into it what you will) I was actually surprised how much they loved their names--what a hit!!

it was great seeing you guys! I hope I can make it home sometime while you're there, we'll see!

natalie palmer said...

scott is sticking his fingers up my nose lately too! it must be a 19 month old thing!!! i MISS YOU!