Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Beast turned 3

Benson is 3! Here are pictures of the day. He shared a little party with a little girl, Scarlett, who's birthday was a few days later. We did it for play group and MAAAAAAAN was it a party!! It was crazy.

Here's the birthday boy! (He still only prefers basketball short and t-shirts) He was actually excited and knew it was his birthday. I've been waiting for that. But still... I was a little more excited than he was and wanted him to be the most patient, appreciative birthday boy but I was wrong. He was a tired mess.






Here's half the group eating... yes, half.




I made these frog cupcakes the night before. I was happy with the way they turned out but they got all messed up in the car... and then Benson kept trying to steal them and stuck his fingers in about 5 of them **sigh**...

















We did some outside games. We had a pinata...




Hmmm, I'm the only adult in there. Guess old habits die hard.



But Benson and his friends just wanted to run around. They didn't care too much about the pinata!


Benson and Noah



At home we had another little party with daddy and had MORE cupcakes. I think Benson had 6 that day. He looooooooved it.
But he wouldn't blow the candles out for some reason. He kept wanting Ben to do it, and then he would duck.

Claire-Face enjoyed the festivities





And some presents!




The Beast is such a nice boy. He has become ultra rambunctious over that past few months but we like it (most times). Love you Bensy-Boy!!!

8 comments:

Becky said...

Those cupcakes look amazing!

Inger said...

Sarah, those cupcakes look absolutely great!! How cute! I loved this write-up about Benson's birthday and chuckled and laughed about the way you write and comment about the pictures. It is like I had a visit with you. I can hear you saying the words you are writing. What adorable two children you have. Happy Birthday Benson! It seems you had a great day! We love you!

Jennifer said...

You are one amazing mama! I can't believe you did all those cupcakes. What a lucky boy! You are so talented and fun. I miss you!
Happy Birthday to Benson!

Linda said...

AWESOME!!!!

what a great party! those cupcakes were amazing! You are officially a domestic birthday throwing mama! ohhhh, I miss that kid so freakin' much!!!

all those pictures are fabulous!! and I love your humor...taking candy from children sarah, Jeesh!

Chris Rueckert said...

Happy Birthday Benson!!!

Cool Party...

Do you guys have a lawn mower?

Can't wait to see you guys!!!

Jodi said...

You are hilarious. Seriously funny. I love that you had the picture of this amazing birthday boy and he was just tired. Love it.

And the pinata picture was killing me. I would be in there with ya!

Crystal and Brad Barger said...

I am glad it all turned out well. I hate I didn't actually take a cupcake to eat on the road. I didn't make them either for my family but will in the future. Benson is so cute and glad he had a good birthday.

Amanda Goldsmith said...

1. I was there! How lucky am I!
2. Cupcakes were stinking awesome!
3. I totally would have been all up in the pinata mix but I was inside with Hunter.
4. I was a little mad at Samantha I know she's 3 but come on all she brought in from the Pinata were Dum Dum's! Have I taught her nothing?!?!?!
5. My favorite picture was of you Claire and Benson because I saw it being taken and Benson flipped! It's nice to know other kids freak out. Cause I know mine do!!!