Thursday, April 16, 2009

Claire's 1st Birthday

I know everyone says this... but I really can't believe how fast a year has gone by. With Benson the first year didn't go quickly enough :) but this time I'm quite taken aback! Here are some pictures. You know, the usual:

Here's the birthday girl!!


She almost ruined her own birthday so many times... for her mommy anyway. Here's the little culprit sticking her finger in the cooling cupcakes. My fault.






Let the party begin! We had a RAGER! We invited our friends, the Powells over and had balloons. Pretty wild, I know.
Claire had fun trying to keep up with all the boys!





Here's a good action shot of the beast. Not surprised at all he's wearing his favorite "basketball" shorts. He wants to wear them everyday.

Here's daddy helping Claire actually hold a balloon before it got kicked or taken by someone else!





Cupcake time!
I absolutely did
not out-do myself...I have a hard time doing that when the child doesn't even realize what is going on. So I only made 4 cupcakes. Just kidding. This was after we had eaten them.




An exhausted birthday girl... trying to keep up with all those boys!!

13 comments:

Amanda Goldsmith said...

Claire looks so cute! I love those little piggy tails. And the cupcakes are to die for! Help me I am slipping.... Oh but they were sooo good! Thanks a Bunch!

Amanda Goldsmith said...

Oh yeah... They totally need MILK and I gave you mine! If I wasn't so lazy I would come to your house and get some. Seriously I'm close to doing so!

natalie palmer said...

claire looks so old! i can't believe scott will be there in a month. you are an inspiration to me to make such beautiful looking cupcakes. i loved the video. i loved hearing you sing. it brought back OH! so many memories of us doing our "singing polagram" routine. over and over and over and over...

krisjane said...

Wow, she's 1 already!! That is crazy!! Time has gone so fast!! That means my baby girl is going to be 1 soon! :) Claire is such a cutie!!! Looks like she had a fun birthday!

Jodi said...

I seriously cannot believe she is a year old. I feel like it was yesterday that I was reading about her as a brand new newborn. I love her piggies with the cute ribbons!

Alida K said...

Oh she's so cute. I can't believe our babes are ONE!! It does go by fast hey!! Seems like yesterday when she was only a couple days old and we had the family lunch. Miss you guys!

MaryClaire Brown said...

oh my, she is so stinkin cute. why oh why do you have to live on the other side of the country? our kids would have THE BEST TIME together. just move back here...ok?!

Kathleen said...

What a beautiful birthday girl! I also love her pigtails. That family shot is great, and Benson is smiling so well in it! Thanks for posting the video of Claire being sung to and eating her cupcake!! Adorable!! Glad you blew out the candle before she had the chance to touch the flame. Love Claire's smile in the pic where she's next to her daddy and surrounded by balloons. What a fun and not-too-extravagant 1st birthday party. Very appropriate for her age! Miss you, Sarah!

Unknown said...

Claire had a wonderful birthday even though she didn't dig into her cupcake like Benson did on his first birthday. They are both soooo nice.

Melodie said...

Claire looks super tall!! Elle est vraiment jolie!

esianoyam3 said...

Awww. Happy birthday, Claire! I LOVE the pigtails!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Claire!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Claire! I can't believe she's already one. It can't be! Cupcakes look delish, by the way!