Like today, I am super excited to pick Ben up from school, go to to TJ Maxx and maybe out to dinner. Just maybe...if we find a decent coupon...that stinks. Sometimes I feel embarrassed and frustrated about that. But that's the point in life where we are and there is really nothing we can do about it. I've heard many people say they look back to their Grad School days (with children) and have such fond memories. So far, I often feel stressed, held back because of finances, and restricted because of our situation. But this too, is slowly turning around for me. Being on a super tight budget is a blessing and I, again, am forced to appreciate the simple things and get over the superficial things that I think I'm missing out on but really don't matter.
Ben and I love our children more than ever and are having so much fun with them. Just hanging out at home.
Check out these cheesy grins. She has already learned to smile for the camera-- UNLIKE Benson.
Still not potty-trained but we're working on it. I just love this pic!
8 comments:
I miss Claire!!!
Thanks Sarah! It's always good to remember that the simple everyday things are really what are most important. I would totally be excited to go to TJ Maxx and maybe out to dinner! Hope you have fun. And the pictures of Claire and Benson are sooooo CUTE!
J'aime beaucoup ce que tu as ecrit! Tu me manques!!
You know, as I reflected on our visit, I thought of how wonderfully blessed each of us are. You have a beautiful home, 2 adorable, loving children and a husband who adores you. Isn't this what we talked about in YW? Kids and a worthy husband? We both got there! Who cares about the other stuff?! The pictures are adorable. Thanks for sharing!
Every time I see a pic of you smiling, Sarah, I want to hop on a plane to NC!!! Love what you said about your family and what's most important. The story you told me about Ben's dad splitting a Snickers' bar into 6 pieces still inspires me. That first photo of Claire is priceless! Love Benson's smile when he's with his papa. You look gorgeous in that black dress and that pic of you and Amanda is breathtakingly beautiful! Great group shot, also. So glad your parents were able to visit you!
It is hard to be in school with kids, husband not around alot, and not tons of money. But, I've found that once that's all over with, you'll be totally amazed that you survived. Because even making way more money than we did in school, it feels just as tight. Blasen and I've decided that no matter what you make it will seem to disappear too fast. Maybe with Ben being a future dentist will be different. But I agree with you, you have to be content where you are in life. I learn that lesson over and over again...most recently in China. :) You're awesome soeur! Love ya.
oh! are you seriously so blessed? I can't wait to come see you and I love all your pictures! You guys are gorgeous!!
I loved your post because I have been thinking the same thing lately. Sometimes when both kids are happy and playing and we're all enjoying being together, I remind myself this is what it's all about!
Post a Comment