Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Try 5:00 am

UPDATE!

I realized that I had been putting Claire to bed at 7:00 PM and she would always wake up at 6:00 AM. So after I put her down at 6:00 PM last night and she got up at 5:00 AM this morning it hit me that this girl doesn't have a 12 hour sleep block in her- it must just be 11 hours. (I think this because she is up and ready to play. When I first hear her she is talking, cooing, and playing. After a half hour she starts to cry for me to get her. So, I know she doesn't "need" more sleep)

My next experiment is to try and put her down later...but not over tired. Hopefully I'll give her three naps today to lead up to it.

Thanks for all your tips! It's always reassuring to know other kiddies out there are up early too.

Man, the travails of a mother.

8 comments:

Annie said...

Yikes, sorry. I personally would never go with a later bedtime. They usually wake-up at the same time regardless of how late you put them down. How old is Claire now? Maybe it's time for 2 naps and not 3. good luck.

Melissa said...

oh man! I feel like I'M the one to wake you at 5:00am, since I suggested an earlier bedtime! I didn't realize she was already going down at 7. Normally people keep ter kids up late at night and the sleep is messed up because of it, but it looks like you already knew that!

I'm agreeing with Annie that maybe it is the 3 naps, but really I'm not one to talk, Madilynn is playing in bed for naps and overtired for bedtime and waking up earlier because of it!! I'm just going to be quiet and hope for the best with you and Claire!! :)

The Thomas Family said...

Claire is 9 months.
Yeah, I stopped the 3 naps a long time ago. I just wanted to experiment today to put her down later (like at 8:00 pm and hope for 7:00 am)and just see. So I thought I'd do three naps to just help her go down later w/o being overly tired. Who knows though. nothing goes according to pan. Ever. I'm always learning that the hard way.

What's the Fancy Dance? said...

That's what I do for Cole. He has the 3rd 30 minute nap just to make it until 8 or 8:30 bedtime and then he gets up between 7 and 7:20usually. Good luck!

Kathleen said...

What?! That's NOT what you were going for! Symphany woke up early today too. The room was way too hot. So I wondered if maybe the room temperature of Claire's room has been too hot or too cold. Maybe that has nothing to do with it. Just was wondering.

Kim said...

She is soooo cute!! Sorry, no help here. Hope you find the solution though!

Cait said...

Sad, sorry! If it's any consolation Georgia doesn't sleep 12 hours. I just don't get out of bed until 7. We put her to bed at around 8, and she wakes up about 6:45-7ish.

Kathleen said...

Guess what? Symphany woke up an hour AND a half early this morning! I feel your pain more and more. Maybe I should start going to bed at 7:30 pm also. Midnight to 6:00 just isn't cutting it. You must be exhausted, Sarah!