Friday, January 23, 2009

Because I know you all really care....

I put the Beauty down at 7:20 pm and she woke up at 4:45 am. You have no idea the terror I felt in my heart. With trembling hands I gave her the binkie and she slept on til 6:20 am.
WHEW!
I've done the same schedule today and will put her down tonight at 7:15 pm. I've decided I will put her down at 7:15- 7:30 pm every night and just deal with whatever she does. I think I've messed her up a little bit as I've changed things so much recently.
I'm closing this chapter and moving on!

5 comments:

esianoyam3 said...

No advice, but (((HUGS))). At least she went back to sleep for a little while.

Kim said...

Of course I care! I just can't help. Hope she sticks to the 6am schedule not 4am! Maybe we need kids to help us do what we know we should be doing anyway .... (I am thinking of myself and how I have never been an "early to rise kind of girl:))

Jodi said...

No matter what we did with Callie she woke up at 6 a.m. until she was about 13 months old. It was horrible. Then she moved to 7 or 7:30. Now, she always sleeps in until 8. I guess with age she has outgrown the early wake up thing. Best of luck. I swear one of the most stressful things about being a mom is dealing with sleeping issues!

Kathleen said...

Sounds like Claire just doesn't need more than 11 hours of sleep a night for now. I'm also relieved that she went back to sleep after her initial waking. Did you go back to sleep too? Sometimes when Symphany wakes up like that it's stressful waiting to see if she's actually out or not, and I end up staying up anyway. Hope Claire's sleeping time as well as yours stabilize next week.

Linda said...

just give her candy.