Thursday, September 25, 2008

Random thoughts

**Why is it that every time I go into the kitchen I open up the cupboard? Even if I go in to do something else, it is automatic!! One of the hardest things for me about being a stay-at-home mom: snacking.

**How about Benson and Claire being Adam and Eve for Halloween?? :) Before or after the fruit, I'm not sure.

**I hereby declare the first week of October SALAD LOVERS week. Each day from the 1st to the 7th, everyone needs to post one favorite salad recipe on their blog. Remember there are lots of kinds of salads: pasta, fruit, chicken, veggie, taco (everyone leave that to me). It will be fun to go find some good ones. Tell me if you are in.

**And does anyone else call their husband 20 times in the 30 minutes before they arrive at the bus stop (or home) asking, "where are you now?"

When he's five minutes away we walk up to meet him at the bus stop.
BY FAR the best time of the day! (if you noticed the grass, we finally got a lawn mower. Unfortunately, not a PUSH MOWER. )

10 comments:

Cait said...

I hear ya, on the snacking!!! And we don't even have good things to snack on, I'll just eat anything! And love the salad week idea, not that I have a good recipe to add (I'll work on it). And lastly, yes I call Terry about 10 minutes before he gets home ALL the time, but seriously that last half an hour when you know he is on his way home is the hardest.

Rob said...

So if it is NOT a push mower, then is a PULL mower? Just another random thought.

Team Bryant said...

Sarah, yes, I used to call Dan like that too! And it's so fun to meet Daddy when he's coming home! The cavalry has arrived, it feels like to me! That's soo cute and I love the jogger. I updated my blog finally. Love ya, and sorry I haven't talked to you for a while. love, Elise

Jennifer said...

I am IN on salad days. I message my husband 500 times a day asking him when he will be home. I think you should replace the mower with a sheep. Your kids could be Little Bo-Peep and Assistant Peep. And I try to buy tons of fruit that I like so I snack on that without feeling guilty. FIBER!!

Kirkland's said...

I think all moms are like that...it's the worst time of day I think. Kids are sorta cranky, dinner needs to be prepared, and our husbands aren't there to help! I think Adam and Eve is a great idea, I'd do pre-fruit. AS far as my lips, I usually use Mac lipglass in neutral pink tones. And Sam has been up twice each night since I posted about sleeping thru the night. Curse!

Jodi said...

I love the calling your husband a million times during his commute. I think every mom is counting the minutes until the daddy arrival. I always see moms outside doing anything to entertain their kids during that last dreaded 30 minutes!

Linda said...

I'll try the salad thing. I'm boring though, I like straight up green veggie salads in the purest sense possible.

remember when we were kids in germantown and we'd stare out the big window looking for dad to come walking back from the train station? I do. (remember that, I mean)

Likely said...

Girlfriend, I am with you on the snacking and I HATE IT!!!! This week I wrote a huge note on my fridge that said No cereal, cheese, bread or sugar snacks!

Only fruit or veggies.

I am in for salad week - I wasn't sure though, did you want us to post one every day? Or at least one during that time?

I am in for at least a couple recipes :)

And I call Dave all day, not just before he gets home. Sometimes I want to talk to him until he walks through the front door if he is on his way home.

Unknown said...

I call Geoff like a million times all throughout the day. I think I'm considered a stalker...

Julie said...

Count me in on the salad idea. My house is laid out such that no matter what room I want to go to I have to pass through the kitchen. I usually open the pantry door and fridge each time. It's very frustrating. And I'm always calling Bryan to find out when he'll be home. However, I have finally disciplined myself a bit and only call a few times.