Thursday, September 18, 2008

Attention all Salad Lovers

I'd like to call myself a salad connoisseur. I love them. LOOOOVE them.
I've discovered a new favorite. Get out your pens and paper:


MAROFF SALAD (Lebanese)
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 tsp Kosher Salt
2 TBSP EVOO
juice of one lemon

-mash garlic and salt with mortar and pestle to make a paste. Add the lemon juice and EVOO. Season with some pepper.
-Drizzle over Romaine with tomatoe, avocado and cucumber.

-Put chicken breast in Pyrex with tons of EVOO, Kosher Salt and pepper (be generous). Bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 350. Shred with a fork and put on top of salad.

We had them the other night-- DELISH!

10 comments:

Cait said...

Yummy! Sounds good to me. I'm gonna make it! I love Benson's little salad plate in the picture, he's such a good eater!

Kim Hawryluk said...

That does look tasty! I might give it a whirl tomorrow night! :)

Inger said...

Sarah, what is EVOO?

The Thomas Family said...

OH MOM!

It is extra virgin olive oil.
Rachel Ray started it...and who is that you ask? She's a chef on TV.

Linda said...

i will.

Jennifer said...

We are trying your salad tonight. Thanks for the recipe. I adore salads too! Here is a link to a recipe for one of my very favorites.
http://www.recipezaar.com/19916
(If you don't like tofu, you could substitute chicken, but most people can't tell the difference in this recipe. I took it to a ward party and everyone kept asking "who made the chicken salad?"... I didn't!)

Natalie said...

that looks super delish sarah...i'll try it soon

A Wrinkle in Time said...

sounds good, but nothing beats our old cafe rio salad days! I miss you! I can't believe I didn't even know where you were moving!!

Likely said...

A college friend gave me this recipe and I have never tried it. Now I HAVE to.

We should all have SALAD week on our blogs. Everyone post your favorite salad recipes. I have some really good ones. Declare it Sarah, I'll join in and announce it on my blog too.

Inger said...

Sarah, we had the Maroff Salad and it was very good. I just made ONE mistake. I put too much Kosher Salt on the chicken. I was TOO generous with the salt. Otherwise, delicious!