Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Moving...


I hate it.


I didn't get any pictures of my hanging out in an empty house with Benson and Claire while Ben was at orientation. An empty house for a week and a half -- the portable dvd player saved my life. I thought things were hard... and THEN our things arrived. It was madness.

I don't want to ever have to pack up my things again and then unpack them. I hate trying to find a "perfect" place for things in a new house that looked "perfect" in my old house. A lot of times it just doesn't fit.
I hate trying to make sandwiches in a kitchen with boxes everywhere. I HATE eating sandwiches for a week straight!
I hate how everything takes forever because I always need to wait for Ben to come home so he can actually do what I've planned out in my head. No, I really can't measure and hang a picture perfectly, Ben can.
There are so many things I have planned on redoing-- but Tiffany isn't here to help me. And Ben is officially a dental student with little to no time to help me sand and repaint a coffee table.
Do you ever have a huge list of things to do that you just stare at it... and then find yourself checking your email and facebook again? That's me all day today.
I hated not having the Internet for two weeks. Now, I finally feel like I'm getting back in the swing of things... with no where to go. I guess I'll start exploring my new town a little bit.

14 comments:

Annie said...

I feel your pain right now. Too bad we're not in the same town to hang out while we wait for our "ben's" to hang the pics. :) good luck and congrats--you have a house!!!

Cait said...

I know exactly what you mean! I hate deciding where the "perfect" spot is for everything. I can't wait to see pictures of your cute home!

Natalie said...

You need to post pictures when you get things "perfect"....it usually takes a little bit so hang in there.

Sara said...

Here, here. I hate the whole moving ordeal. It takes me years to finally get everything unpacked. In our last house, I finally unpacked the last boxes just a couple of months before we moved. And some of the boxes, I just threw out, because I figured that I hadn't needed them for 3 years, so no future need there. Good luck though. Glad your closer. We'll have to plan a trip or something once we get back and settled.

Unknown said...

So I'm lame and have no idea where you moved to and what dental school Ben is going to...My cousin just started at Midwestern here in Glendale. Isn't it exciting that our lives seem to finally being going somewhere!!!!

Tiff Rueckert said...

Hang in there sweetie! Just keep reminding yourself about our conversation...remember what my house looked like when we moved in! It's taken two years to get to where we are and we're still doing stuff! We miss you!

Kim said...

I hate moving too! And I bet it is hard to get anything done with your 2 little ones! I still want to move to a bigger place though ... so I guess we have to decide which is worse. Howard would say moving is worse than living in this tiny place - I disagree :). Good luck though. Wish we could come see your new house! I'm sure it will look so good when you get everything done you want to!

Likely said...

Oh Saree! I am sorry. It is such a pain moving. But Tiff is right, take it one step at a time and it will happen. It has taken us two years to where we are too and we have so far to go!

Post your to do list and maybe we can all help you brainstorm how to get through it!

Likely said...

But I bet your sandwiches were REALLY good because you make really really good sandwiches. You are like Queen of the Sandwich girl.

Desi said...

What an exciting adventure... starting over in a new place. Just remember that you're awesome and you can do it!

Jeff and Diana said...

i feel the exact same way with boxing and unpacking. i feel your pain. but doesnt it feel so good to get it all done and put away! it always feels like such a great accomplishment!

Linda said...

I'm going through it now too Saree! I've successfully guilt tripped my vt and my x-ht to help me this weekend because it's labor day and everyone else will be having fun. Moving is awful!! at least you don't have the pressure of being out of your place on the 31st and in the new place the 1st. It's so stressfull!!

I wish I could eat one of your sandwiches.

Inger said...

Sarah, you can do it! This is what we all go through to move. The pioneers sang all is well, all is well! Progress takes a little bit of pain! I hope I can move sometime soon! But by now we have accumulated so much stuff, it will be harder than ever. Roll up your sleeves and keep working! You are doing a good job!

Kirkland's said...

I hear ya on packing and unpacking, that's why we'd love to stay in our house forever! I'm sorry about the frustrations of your life right now, hope you find some cool girls to hang with that are inyour same boat! Love ya!