I can look forward to so many things happening...
Linda giving me fabulous shoes that are too small for her AND a fabulous dress from Anthropologie because she just felt like it!
Benson falling in love with my dad.
Little boys just love their grandpas! Benson officially says 4 words now: No, Mommy, Daddy, and Gampa! (It really sounds like Bobpa- funny, huh, Tiff?)
Enjoying hours picking away at tasty Maryland CRABS!
Eating ice cream... all the time. Having at least 3 flavors to choose from... and seeing Benson walking toward me eating a SECOND ice cream cone from Grandpa.
Laughing at my dad. He brought in some of Benson's toys from outside and after I thanked him he said, "Well, who do you think picks up around here? Santa Clause-- he's alive and well."
He's hilarious. He also makes "grand slammers" every morning if he is home. Pancakes or waffles, eggs, bacon or sausage, homemade hash browns, homemade muffins, often a fruit salad and juice. Really, he does. Ask any Rueckert.
Having my dad rock Claire to sleep. He has the touch.
My mom watching my kids!! It's the best. Ben and I were able to go to a movie, run some errands and go out for my birthday! Speaking of birthdays...
Enjoying three Swedish tortas in a row. For Linda: chocolate and raspberry, for me: vanilla and strawberry and a Lemon one. They're delish.
Finding a closet full of old wedding presents that I have kept home and FORGOTTEN about! yippeee!
Having Benson play with Max! "Benson, Max is coming!!!" He would gasp!
Just hanging out and talking... and you don't feel like you're wasting time.
And Claire all of a sudden becoming a sweet lilla girl! Who knew.
13 comments:
Hey Sarah! It's great to hear that you are doing well! It made me tear up, it's probably still my hormones, but I wish we got together more, you are such a sweet girl, and we miss you up here!!! Have fun, and enjoy your family, I know how nice it is to be around them when you have been gone for so long, a little slice of HEAVEN! Claire "talking" is Adorable, she is getting to the "fun" stage!
Happy Birthday Sarah! Sounds like you are lovin being home...there is nothing else like it. Have fun!
aw, looks great! aren't you glad you'll still be close enough for a weekend visit when you're at school?
So here it is, the long awaited and much anticipated first-time post from me. We miss you so much up here! Benson and Claire have already changed. Claire is so pretty and will grow up so fast. Benson and Max together are so cute and I love hearing about how nice Max is to Benson.
Sorry we didn't get to chat longer, but I hope your birthday was great. The cake sure looks good - I think I might have to make one of those myself one of these days.
Good luck with the move down to NC and setting up home. Hopefully I'll see you sometime within the next few months :).
you captured dad so well! It is fun to just be at home huh! I can't wait for thanksgiving. You're kids are great! I miss my 51st dates with Benson.
Ben I doubt you check this but I really don't know how else to get ahold of you. I just talked to Jefferson and it made me realize that I haven't talked to you forever. I don't have your phone number, but mine is (801)361-0166 so give me a call sometime and we will catch up.
I love this post...There are so many things I'm laughing at! 1. Food at your parents--I'm gaining weight just thinking of our visits to your parents! 2. Your dad's comment--I love him, he's classic! 3. Your dad feeding Benson Ice Cream--reminds me of the amount of ice cream he scooped up for Brielle--it was almost the same size as his, and we know how big that is! 4. Wedding presents in the closet--we had several trips where we left with old presents...now we leave with Chris' old stuff--like 15 year old sports posters! We love you and miss you!
HA HA HA HA--- I ditto everything Tiff says. everything!
This was a great post. We had so much fun while you were here. MAx and Benson were such good little buddies. They played so nicely together. MAx is still saying "umm.... Benson?" Every time we mention anything about Grandpa's house. He says - um..Shrumpa? Ramma? Ameana? Mormor? Benson? Benson Mommy? Benson Daddy?
You are definitely already missed.
You have no idea how much I have craved Maryland crabs since I have read this post!
Yummy! I miss eating crabs for hours!
I wasn't done talking to you yet either, but when the baby cries, you gotta go. :) I remember your dad making breakfast on the many mornings that I would stay over there, and they were YUMMY!!! Hope your move has gone/is going well. Email me! ebergman@tctcomputing.com.
Emily
hearing about your time at home makes me want to come visit. i miss our times together. p.s. tell ben that his old mission comp (devin kearns) is one of our good friends here in iowa!
SO I have a blog too....I've been hiding it for a while now because I'm such a rookie. But I miss you!!!! And I look at your blog all the time, so I figured it was only fair to "out" myself. Love ya!!
Laura
It is so fun to see each other with KIDS!!! I remember all of us sitting around and talking about life and growing up (like when we were in junior high and/or high school). We all thought how weird it would be to be married and having kids and such stuff. And now here we are. It's neat to be able to see everybody and on a frequent basis according to the updates on the blog. It's so fun! Keep current!!!
Post a Comment