Thursday, March 6, 2008

Our recent purchases - YIKES!


SOOOoooo...

Can't find the camera. Really frustrating.


We've had exciting news for a while and I've been waiting to find the camera for our pictures, but I've had to figure out something else.

Ben and I recently took a trip to North Carolina and bought a little home! (Well, we close in two weeks and everything should go smoothly) Chapel Hill/Durham is a really beautiful area and we are excited to move there.

Here are the only two pictures I currently have:


FRONT


BACK



Just a little thing that we are excited to call home!!


It was a blessing to come across it as it was the LAST home we looked at on the LAST day we were there. It fits all of my criteria: 3 bedrooms, a backyard for kids to play in, and close to a bus stop that will get Ben to UNC in 15 minutes. I love the outside colors... the colors (walls) on the inside, however, are pink and purple. The previous owner was a single woman. Painting is a priority-- but everything is in great condition.

NEXT thing is quite recent. Ben has been diligently searching ebay for cars lately. We were mostly looking at mini vans but then we came across something that was too good to pass up (cheaper than half the mini vans we were looking at).


An Audi Allroad Quattro (whatever that means). I just pulled this picture off the Internet... ours is a 2003 and is dark grey. I'm still kind of in shock about this one, mostly excited though. Ben is more excited. My dream mini van will come someday--the automatic sliding doors and all.

What I have learned: North Carolina is a great place to find cheap houses (I'm inviting everyone to move here!! please?) and ebay is a great place to find great deals on cars.

15 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness! A new house and a new car? Wow! So fun! I LOVE the house, it's really cute! Don't worry about the painting...no big deal. I wish I could come out and help. I love to paint! We are looking into a new car as well. You'll have to let us know how you like your new car;) Congrats!

Mackenzie said...

COngrats! That is soo exciting. The house is absolutely adorable, and way to go on the killer car!1 Best of luck to both of you!

Kim Hawryluk said...

Sarah that's great news! Your house looks so cute and quaint! I can't wait to see more pictures when you find the camera! Nice car too! I never thought to look on ebay for a car - I'd like to know more about that shopping experience. :)
How much longer till baby #2 comes?

krisjane said...

I LOVE your house!!! It is so nice!! Your car is great too!! I know what you mean about the dual sliding doors of a minivan...I never thought I would want one but now I am dying to get one! :) How exciting for you guys!

Natalie said...

Wow! That's all such fun news! When are you going? That house is great...and the car, I love those! I want one to move my harp around with. You do need to post more photos, before & after you move in/paint. Congrats, this is sooo exciting. How's your pregnancy? Hope everythings good.

Linda said...

a few things:

1. why the small print about the single woman? like that explains anything--I'd small print that the previous owner was psychotic and had really bad taste--totally different that a single woman (I think, maybe i'm wrong...I hope not :)

2. awesome car!! That's so exciting!! those are pretty sweet.

3. such a cute house!! I can see all the kids congregating in the back yard already...

4. why haven't you called me. do it. tonight.

Annie said...

um, aren't you supposed to be students? I don't know many that own such cute houses and drive audis. :) Great purchases. Can't wait to see the inside of the house.

Jodi said...

i LOVE that charming house! Oh, how I miss the east. I wish we could move to North Carolina- I really do. Nice, cute car too.

MaryClaire Brown said...

congrats on the house. it looks so cute, and if all you have to do is paint you're in great shape. paint is cheap. what a fun car! i'm so excited for you, but i miss you terribly.

Tiff Rueckert said...

We are so excited for you! I love your house! When do you move again? We're looking forward to seeing you when you come back here...by the way I called Cathy about your W2 today and I'll send it Monday. I also love the Audi, we looked at those before I got the Volvo. Congrats!

Kirkland's said...

Congrats! The house is really cute, sort of resembles ours and LOVE the car. I had an Audi and lovedit until it broke down and drained my savings!! Good luck in NC, having a home is such a blessing - gives you stability.

The Taylors said...

How much are house going for out there? My sister and her husband are moving to Atlanta for pharmacy school and they're probably going to buy a house because it is sooooo cheap compared to here (and compared to Washington where we're going--it'll be awhile till we can afford a house up there!) Anyway, the house looks so cute! How exciting!

Samantha said...

What?! So many fun new purchases! that is so exciting and congratulations. plus I hear that is a gorgeous state.

p.s. I think i've settled on the money over the concert. Now we are just trying to sell them. We'll see. I already have that money spent in my mind!

Melissa said...

Wohoo! What fun you guys! The house is so perfect! Really picturesque! I can't wait to see more of it...especially Claire's pink or purple room!

Likely said...

that is only dave's dream car. I know, a boy with a station wagon as a dream car.... but it is true.

So your mom and I were talking today about Dave and I coming to visit you guys when you get down here and helping you with all of your home renovations. fun!