Saturday, December 29, 2007

Holiday Update

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and is having a fabulous new year so far! :) Well, here is our long update:
All I will say about the move is that we made it. It is over. I am happy. Actually, I will say something else: I learned a thing or two about how to help people. Maybe I will go into that another time, but after my first big move experience, I feel I have learned, from others' selfless examples, how to truly serve people in need. Thank you to all those who volunteered and did SO much to help us!!


The drive to Canada went SUPERBLY! (our prayers were heard)! Here is Bensy-beast in the back seat, almost covered in our things:

We arrived safely to Ben's parent's home just 15 minutes after Ben got pulled over to receive his token road trip ticket- happens every time with out fail. He claims it is always worth it. This trip I agreed with him.

Here is Ben's parent's home in a small town north of Calgary:

They live on an acreage with some animals and it is so calm and peaceful. The city is just 15 minutes away.

Meet Benson's new playmates:


Barkley



Lincoln

The two cats:


Toddy


Teeg...(name has evolved from TigerLilly, I'm not sure how to spell it)

Benson LOVES their two dogs. They have a Leonberger and a Bernese mountain dog and they are enormous. Luckily, they fell in love with Benson, too. They are so gentle with Benson and let him crawl all over them.



We are getting used to the cold. Grandma and Grandpa outfitted Benson for the harsh Canadian winters (sorry, I don't feel like figuring out how to rotate the picture)!!


Benson's first snow angel:

We had a great Christmas!! Benson still is pretty clueless about what went on but he LOVED his Mr. Potato Head (I put his other few gifts in the closet and will break them out on a rainy day).




We spent a quiet New Year's Eve at home with a fabulous dinner. Tender, delicious steaks, baked potatoes, salad and fresh lobster.



And Benson's new favorite toy is Grandpa's tractor.


Well, things are going well for us. Ben is working full time and I am signing up for some indoor swimming lessons with Benson and a prenatal yoga class! I am feeling great and still need to find a doctor! Yikes...

Don't forget to VOTE on our name poll! Seriously, Ben and I are having a hard time!

15 comments:

Courtney said...

Sarah! We sure do miss you guys and are glad you made it ok to Canada. Email me your address when you get a chance so I can send our Christmas card. I was about to send it to your old address when I realized you probably weren't there any more! :) Anyways, you look so cute! When is the due date again? I'm so excited for you. Two is so much fun!

krisjane said...

Glad you made the trip safe!! Sounds like the car ride went well also! :) Happy New Year!

Linda said...

love hearing about this and seeing the photos. What a great time!! so I can pretty much stuff the ballot box right? I mean, you can't check how many times I vote...how about I just tell you what's completely unacceptable...LEVI. you cant.

I do like Jacob, Jeff, and Isaac.

so I vote Isaac. today. ;)

The Thomas Family said...

Thanks Linda... I'm not too keen on Levi myself, it is everyone else that loves it. I knew a Levi growing up and you know... he was the dirty kid. So, that one would be hard for me.

Danielle said...

I don't like Levi at all Sarah! What I love is Jared because it sounds so nice to me, I can't say why but I just love this name. Do you know that in France when a kid has the same initials for his first name and his name, we call this "les initiales du bonheur" the lucky initials? So find a name starting with a "T" maybe to add to the list and remove Levi...
Bonne Année à tous ! Bisous

natalie palmer said...

i sure hope that levi kid that you grew up with doesn't read this. ;)
i tried voting, but my lame computer won't let me for some reason. but i think i vote jared. thought i like isaac too. would you call him ike? or are you anti naming a kid one thing and calling him something else? jacob is one of my favortie names but its much too popular for me right now. i think you should name him after someone in our family like harold. harold thomas. i can totally see it.

Linda said...

just to clarify...any name BUT Levi.

Inger said...

Inger and I vote for Joshua, but it doesn't look like Joshua is running.

The Thomas Family said...

MOM! Hello?? Stick with the options.

The Taylors said...

Since we could only vote once, I wanted to let you know Chris' vote. He likes Issac. I just think Issac, and Jacob are too popular right now. And the problem with Jefferson is that you get stuck with feeling obligated for all future children to end with "son" at the end. I don't know. I voted for Levi. Out of the options, that's my favorite.

Natalie said...

Glad to see you're doing well. Fun pictures, Benson is getting so old. Happy New Year!

Jodi said...

Great holiday photos- Ben's parent's house looks so charming. That is all I want in my life- some land and rolling hill sides!
I voted for Jacob- I love that name!

Jodi said...

P.S.- I am so glad that Benson did well on the road trip. What were your tricks?

Danielle said...

I loved your photos Sarah! Benson is growing so fast too, like Brielle! Concerning the names, you don't fear kids making fun of the name Thomas Jefferson if this is your choice?

Sara said...

Glad to see you made it. Blasen and I never agree on names so much so that I was calling Zade something else in the hospital. He was a Baylor to me, but Blasen didn't agree at all. So we don't even discuss it until it is absolutely necessary...meaning the hospital secretary won't let us leave until we name the kid! Good luck on finding a name. Not sure what my favorite is yet...but I'll vote.