Halloween is approaching. It is definitely not my favorite holiday or anything but it is fun to do something! Especially now, with Benson, I want to dress him up. Last year he was Baby Cesar (see below) and Ben and I made everything ourselves!Also,if you have any scrumptious pumpkin recipes, send them my way! I love pumpkin, especially in desserts.
I have a great pumpkin soup recipe from my mother-in-law that you cook in the pumpkin itself, in the oven. It is topped with swiss cheese... delicious. Let me know if you want it!
13 comments:
I would love the pumpkin soup recipe and also invite you to visit my blog.
Mary the Antique Sailor
ME! ME! I want it too!!! :-p
I also would like it. Kate made it for us two years ago, remember??
One box of spice cake mix (dry)
One 15 ounce can of pumpkin
One bag of chocolate chips
Mix together and drop in small spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. bake in 375 oven for I can't remember....like 8-10 minutes. Until they are done - how about that.
EASIEST recipe EVER. Great for food storage.
In case you are wondering... once again the cake mix is DRY!!! No eggs, no oil, no butter, water.
Trust me.
I'd love to make that recipe but here in France we can't find that spice cake mix, could you tell me what's inside so that I can make this easy recipe overhere too? I am the only one in my town celebrating Halloween as you do I think; I decorate our flat and specially the windows.
Salut Danielle!
J'ai cherche sur l'internet et j'ai trouve la recette suivant:
Spice Cake (DRY mix)
2 1/3 Cups white flour
1 TBSP baking powder
3/4 TSP salt
1 1/2 Cup white sugar
1 TSP cinnamon
1/4 TSP ground cloves
1/4 ground allspice
J'espere que ca marchera pour toi. Bonne chance en trouvant les epices! Essayes-la meme si tu ne peux pas trouve tout les ingredients!
I love this season!! I'm going to Salem--come out here and go with me!!!!
Merci beaucoup Sarah ! J'ai tous ces ingrédients, donc pas de problème, je ferai cette recette avec plaisir ! Bisous
I was just going to suggest the recipe Tiffany shared, but with a little switch up. I needed to make a cake for our ward's cakewalk tomorrow, so I did:
1 box of spice cake mix
1 1/4 cup water
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
1 15 ounce can of pumpkin
1/2 bag chocolate chips
Fill cupcake holders and bake until done (I think it was 18 min)
Soooo yummy! I'm going to cover with cream cheese frosting later!
Ooooo I understood that French! (Not that you were telling secrets anyways...) :)
Melissa, you made laugh so much when I read your message that I had to tell you as soon as I read you. Best greetings from Aix en Provence! Si un jour tu viens en France, passe nous voir !
I love the Caesar costume! Now that was clever! Try Children's Place! Jaden was the cutest little chick last year! He even made it in out local paper.
Post a Comment